The SC Micro Pitch Competition gives aspiring and current business owners the unique opportunity to win up to $3,000 in cash for their small business.
There are two ways you can enter to win. One requires a 1-3 minute video of you describing your business concept. The second way to enter involves submitting a written business plan. NOTE: Applicants can enter with a video, a business plan or both.
APPLICATIONS AND VIDEOS ENTRIES DUE June 9th
VIDEO ENTRY for PEOPLE’s CHOICE AWARD:
Convinced you have a fantastic business idea? Tell us why in a 1-3 minute video then upload the video so that the public can vote on their favorite. The video that earns the most votes will automatically be included in the group of finalists who will compete in the live showcase for the grand prize. The showcase will take place Wednesday June 21, 2017 during the SC Micro-Enterprise Developers Conference
How to Participate via “People’s Choice Award”
Applicants will be able to video a pitch and submit it for the People’s Choice Award, which will be based on online voting. Applicants will have an opportunity to invite family, friends and associates to vote and nominate them for the People’s Choice Award. Votes can be cast through our FACEBOOK PAGE. Participants are encouraged to promote on their own individual marketing, advertising and social media platforms to gain votes for a chance to win the “People’s Choice” Award. The winner of the People’s Choice Award will be invited to pitch at the Pitch Competition. Voting period is June 9 – 14th.
WRITTEN ENTRY FORM with BUSINESS PLAN
Do you have a written business plan? Submit your business plan with our one page application to be reviewed by panel of experts. The selected finalists will be showcased at the SC Micro Pitch Competition Finale, that will take place June 21, 2017 during the SC Micro Enterprise Developers Conference [6PM – Embassy Suites Hotel – Columbia SC].
How to Participate via Business Plan Submission
- To enter, applicants complete the Micro Pitch Application and submit the completed application WITH a Business Plan or Business Plan Summary. Guidelines for what to submit can be found in the Micro Pitch Guidelines
- Submit your application and business plan/summary to firstname.lastname@example.org OR mail them to Micro Pitch Competition -2221 Devine Street, Suite 408 – Columbia, SC 29205. They must be submitted by June 9, 2017 at 5:00 pm EST.
- Existing businesses may propose a new business or expansion that would have operations in South Carolina.
- Partially completed applications will not be accepted.
- The decisions of the judges are final, including interpretation of the rules.
Competition Evaluation Criteria
Judges will review applications and business plans/summaries to determine the finalist that will actually have the opportunity to pitch their concept. In reviewing the business plans, the criteria below will be used. Is the product or service:
- An innovative and entrepreneurial idea
- One that has the potential for commercialization
- One that fills a need in the marketplace
Other factors include: knowledge of the product/service, pricing, management experience, equity needed, market and competition analysis, marketing strategy, and pro forma financials.
SC MICRO PITCH COMPETITION FINALE
This exciting event will feature the finalists pitching their idea with a 5 minute presentation to a live panel of business experts. Winners will walk away with cash and prizes including:
1. Grand Prize – $3,000
2. 2nd Place Prize – $2,000
3. 3rd Place Prize – $1,000
4. People’s Choice Award – $250
- Video Entry Deadline: June 9, 2017
Video Online Voting Period: June 12 – June 16, 2017
Video People’s Choice Winner Notification: by June 19, 2017
- Written Business Plan Entry Deadline: June 9, 2017
Written Business Plan Finalists Notification: by June 19, 2017
- Live Competition Finale Showcase: June 21, 2017